Most pet owners treat their pets as a true part of their family. A lot of those who don’t have children of their own even consider their pets as their child. Due to our love for our pets we often look out for what’s best for them and we make sure that they are fed and are hydrated throughout the day. The best way to make sure that you pet gets water that’s not compromised by outside elements is by using a water fountain. Below is a list of the best per water fountain in the market that you can choose from.
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
This PetSafe drinkwell pet fountain is free falling water fountain which allows your pet to have fresh and clean water throughout the day. Aside from this it also has carbon filters to remove the bad taste and odor of the water which usually puts our pets off. It’s also great for pet owners who are usually not at home since it has a built-in reservoir which would ensure that water is always conveniently available. This is also a way to save water because water that weren’t consumed would stay in the reservoir and won’t be disposed of.
This PetSafe pet water fountain won’t just give your pet clean and safe water but would also help you save the time and effort that you usually spend in constantly making sure that there’s enough water for your pets. It’s also made of BPA-free plastic so there’s no harmful chemicals that might transfer to the water. It also received great reviews from fellow pet owners. They loved the convenience that the pet water fountain provides. They were also impressed at the durability of the water fountain.
Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Fountain
If you prefer steel materials for your pet’s water fountain; then this Pioneer steel pet water fountain might be the perfect fit for you. It’s made of dishwasher safe stainless steel so you won’t need to worry about any rusts that may form due to exposure to moisture and water. Since its stainless steel it’ll be easy for you clean your pet’s water fountain. The circular form creating a circulating motion of the water is also found to be more enticing for pet and would make them want to drink water more. It’s reflective surface is also a source of curiosity for pets so this will surely help you in making sure that your pet is always hydrated.
Aside from these features, this Pioneer pet water fountain also contains filters that would help you give quality drinking water yo your pets. It also has a quiet water pump to keep your water flowing and so it’ll be oxygenated since it won’t be stagnant. This got mostly positive reviews from customers showing that this fountain isn’t just all talk and actually delivers well.
Cat Mate Pet Fountain
Don’t let the name brand fool you, this pet water fountain is great for all types of pets. It’s actually perfect for those who have multiple pets of varying sizes because this has a multi-level drinking station. So no matter the size of your pet there’s a comfortable height for him or her. It has a ramp so there’s less chance of water splashing around your floor which is a common occurrence in most water fountains. It has a quiet pumping system to keep water fresha nd oxygenated as well.
PetSafe Drinkwell Stainless Multi-Pet Fountain
This PetSafe stainless fountain is a great size for those who have bigger pets or those who have multiple pets. Since the fountain is circular it can even let your pet drink at the same time so they won’t have to fight over who goes first anymore. It also has 5 interchangeable streams which would help you get your pets interested so they’ll drink more water that usual. This is also a way to keep them hydrated and make those stubborn pets actually be interested in drinking water.
This pet water fountain also has a great filtration system. It’s filter don’t just filter out small particles but is also capable of stopping bigger sediments like debris and food particles. It’s stainless steel all throughout so you won’t worry about it rusting or getting brittle due to exposure to water. It’s also dishwasher safe so you can keep it clean and sanitary with no hassles at all.
PetSafe Drinkwell Pet Fountain
If you have a bigger pet then this pet water fountain from PetSafe might be the one for you. It’s also a great choice for those who have a lot of pets due to the huge capacity of this water fountain. Aside from the built-in reservoir it even has a detachable bigger reservoir to keep water in for easy access. It has a great filtering system to keep water safe a fresh throughout the day.
PetSafe Drinkwell Ceramic Pagoda Pet Fountain
Are you looking for a pet water fountain which would also double as a great decorative piece for your house? Then this ceramic pagoda water fountain from PetSafe might just be what you need. This water fountain is great for those with pets who are small or medium sized. It’s free flowing stream is a great way to keep your pets wanting to drink more water since it’s continuously moving. Unlike most water fountains this offers two reservoirs where your pets can drink water giving them more options based on where they’re more comfortable with. It has a great water filtering system as well to keep water clean and safe.
Catit Design Senses Fountain
If you don’t want to spend so much on electric bills because of your pet water fountain; then this Catit design fountain might just be the power-saving product you need. This water fountain needs little electricity and even needs less power than a night light. It’s large water to air surface also makes sure that the water is always oxygenated and fresh tasting. It has a pump which keeps the water circulating keeping it interesting for your pet.
This fountain also has an advanced filtration system which doesn’t only filter out bacteria and small foreign bodies but also helps filter debris, food, hair, and other sediments. This would help keep the fountain clean and appealing fro your pet. This fountain from Catit is just not all talk as is shown by the high praises it received from previous customers who loved the quality and filtration that the water fountain offers.
Catit Flower Fountain
Do you notice your pet being drawn by the nature around him/her while you take them for a walk? Maybe they even always stop in front of a flower or even just grass. If your pet is like this; then this Catit flower fountain might just be what you need to entice them to drink more water. This features a green reservoir bowl and even has a hard plastic flower. These will surely make your pet curious and will catch their attention leading to them, hopefully, drinking from this fountain more than from their normal drinking bowl.
If you’re thinking that this water fountain is all looks, that’s where you’re wrong it features a dual action water filtering system to keep water clean and safe throughout the day. It also doesn’t take up too much space on your floor so you won’t need to set-up such a huge area for this. It got mostly positive reviews from pet owners who all loved the design of the product and were impressed at how it improved the water intake of their pets.
What to Look For?
Even with the list above it can still be a bit tricky to choose the best water fountain for your furry friend. You might have difficulties further narrowing down your top choices. Maybe you’ve even set your eye on one particular item but still can’t commit to buying it. If you’re still confused and would need so reassurance that you’ll be getting the best, the list of the qualities to look for below might just help you.
- Durability – With anything that you purchase, the durability of the product must be the top things that you should consider. With water fountains, a truly durable one would be one which won’t break even if your pet does play with it or scratch it. There may be some visible damages but it shouldn’t break with just one nudge from your playful pet. It’ll also show durability if there are no leaks when you fill the water fountain with water. It’ll be a total waste of resources if your water fountain does leak since you won’t just waste water but also the money and time you spent on it.
- Convenience – one of the main reason why a lot of pet owners purchase is to entice their pets to drink more water and to have clean water ready for them conveniently. So it would only be logical if you’ll choose a pet water fountain which would offer a fast and easy source of water for your pet. It’s highly recommended that you purchase one whose height is a perfect fit for your pet.
- Ease of cleaning – as pet owners, we all know how hard it is sometimes to keep our pets and their things clean. Even their water container can get dirty at times so it would be great if the water fountain you’ll purchase is to wash and rinse. It’s also best for those on the go to get one which is dishwasher safe so you can pop it in and let the machine do the work.
- Quality of the water filter – A great feature of water fountains is its ability to filet the water that you give your pet. This ensures that you won’t be giving your pet unclean water which might cause stomach and bowel problems. Knowing this, it’s best if the water fountain you’ll purchase is one which is equipped with quality filter which can get rid of unwanted bacteria and other organisms in your pet’s drinking water.
- Capacity – With the various sizes of pets you should also consider this when getting a pet water fountain. This means that the water fountain should be the right size for your pet. This is specially true for bigger pets as well as more active, since they would be needing a fountain with bigger capacity due to their constant need to get hydrated. If you have more than one pet, it would also be cost effective if you buy a fountain which has a bigger capacity since this would mean that you won’t need to buy them each a fountain of their own.
Overall, having a pet water fountain is great. It allows you to give your pets safe and clean water throughout the day without having to constantly replace its contents. It’s especially helpful for those who go to work since you won’t need to worry about whether or not your pets have enough supply of water. Water fountains are also a good way to motivate your pets to drink more water since they will be drinking out of something unconventional and it make them curious. It’s also flowing constantly the water is kept fresh so your pets won’t be turned off by any smell which might lead them to not want to drink the water at all.
We hope that with the tips and tricks as well as the list we’ve provided you that you’d be able to choose the perfect water that’s convenient for both you and your pet. Just keep in mind that you should consider all aspects of the water fountain to ensure that you’re getting one which would last long and would make the most sense for you and your pets. Considering not only one quality would also ensure that you’re buying intelligently and is, therefore, less vulnerable to purchasing low quality products. Buying smart is often seen to mean that you’ll be buying the cheapest one. However, the price shouldn’t be the indicator of whether or not you made a great deal but this should also be reflected on how long you’ll be able to use the product.