Are you tired of your hands getting sores and redness from normal pepper mills that usually are extremely hard to open? Then getting an electric one might be the best choice for you! It won’t only make it easier for you to operate but it’ll also produce better and smaller pieces of pepper which are perfect for when you want your pepper to be as small and as inconspicuous as possible. Now that you’re set out to buying an electric pepper mill for yourself, you realize that there’re a lot of them in the market! So many brands and different models to choose from that it gets confusing and overwhelming. You obviously want to get the best but you just don’t know where to start. Don’t worry! We’ve got your back, below is a list of the best electric pepper mills in the market.
- Eparé Steel Pepper or Salt Mill
- OXO Pepper Grinder
- Cuisinart SP-2 Stainless Steel Rechargeable Salt and Pepper Mills
- Eukein Electric Pepper Grinder or Salt Grinder Mill
- Ozeri Soft Touch Electric Pepper Mill and Grinder
- Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
- Ozeri Savore Soft Touch Electric Pepper Mill and Grinder
- Greenco GRC0211 2-Pack Automatic Electric Pepper Mill and Salt Grinder
- What to Look For?
Eparé Steel Pepper or Salt Mill
Are you looking fro a pepper mill that’s easy to use and won’t even have to use both hands to operate? Then, this Epare pepper mill might just be what you’re looking for. This pepper mill only requires you to pres a button and your peppercorns would be grinded to a nice powder finish. This pepper mill also features LED light so you can see what you’re doing even if it’s dark inside your room. Worried about not knowing when to refill your peppercorn? This, pepper mill also has you covered! It has a clear bottom so you’ll know when you’re about to run out of pepper corn. Asie from all these great features, this pepper mill also received great reviews from previous customers. It also has a free battery so you’re good to go on your first try.
OXO Pepper Grinder
Scared of the rust that might’ve been accumulating on the grinder of your pepper mill? Then, this OXO electric mill might just be the one you need to make you less worried. This pepper mill is rust resistant so there’s no chance of rust forming and transferring or falling to your food. You can also adjust the setting of the produced grind from coarse to fine. Another great thing about this is that it comes filled with peppercorn making it a really cost effective and smart buy. This also received great reviews from previous customers showing that it’s not just all talk.
Cuisinart SP-2 Stainless Steel Rechargeable Salt and Pepper Mills
Looking for both a pepper mill and a salt mill? Maybe you just want to have one extra at all times? If so, then this mill from Cuisinart is the best for you. Each package comes with two electric mills which are rechargeable. It also comes with a base which is the one that charges your electric mills so you’re always good to go. If your kitchen doesn’t get a lot of light, you’d be glad to know that this electric mill has lights built in so you’ll always have a clear view of your food no matter the lighting condition. A slight drawback to this mill is it’s price. It’s considerable more expensive than the rest of the mills on the list. Despite this, it still received great reviews from previous customers. So, if money isn’t an issue for you this mill might be one that you would consider.
Eukein Electric Pepper Grinder or Salt Grinder Mill
This Eukein electric pepper mill features a ceramic mechanism instead of the usual one to grind your pepper. The ceramic on the mill offers the same results as metal mechanisms do without the fear of it getting rusty or affecting the taste of your spices. You can easily adjust the coarseness or fineness of the spices this mill produces by simply turning a knob at the base. This is also battery operated so there’re no cords to stop you from moving as freely and as flexible as possible. This received great reviews from previous customers. They loved the way the mill looks and how it’s a great addition to their kitchen counter top. They were also impressed at the quality of powdered spice this mill produces
Ozeri Soft Touch Electric Pepper Mill and Grinder
Have you had problems with handheld equipment suddenly slipping off your hands? You won’t encounter that same problem with those Ozeri electric pepper mill. It features a non-slip body that allows you to grind away without having to worry about wiping your hands first. It also has a clear bottom so you’ll know when you need to refill your peppercorns. The clear bottom also ensures that the mechanism won’t get damaged just because you tried to grind when there’s no more peppercorn inside. You may also adjust it from fine to coarse depending on your preference and on what your recipe dictates. This received mostly positive reviews from customers. Although there were a handful of complaints regrading the mill falling apart while they’re using it.
Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
This Latent Epicure pepper mill offers you a sleek and attractive storage place with it’s included tray. The tray allows you to keep the pepper mills in place while you’re not using them. It also acts as a protective surface from your counter top. This mill also comes in two per purchase so you can have one each for your peppercorns and rock salt or other spices. It also allows you to get varied level of coarseness or fineness so you won’t get stuck to the same level throughout. This electric mill also very easy to use, you only need to press a single button and you’re good to go. This makes it a perfect choice for those who are suffering from arthritis or other joint pains. Aside from all these great features, the mill also received stellar reviews from previous customers; showing that it doesn’t just talks the talk but it also walks the walk.
Ozeri Savore Soft Touch Electric Pepper Mill and Grinder
This Ozeri electric pepper mill has a non-slip body so you won’t have to worried about your mill slipping off or getting thrown away. The body also doesn’t allow any fingerprints from transferring so it won’t have those annoying marks that you usually see on shiny surfaces of other kitchen equipment. This pepper mill also has a clear bottom which gives you an idea of when to replace the peppercorn inside. Despite having great features, this received mixed reviews from previous customers. There were complaints about it not breaking down after just a couple of uses.
Greenco GRC0211 2-Pack Automatic Electric Pepper Mill and Salt Grinder
If you’re wanting a sleeker, more sophisticated looking pepper mill; then these one from Greenco might just be what you’re searching for. They’re made of stainless steel so it has that nice metal look to it that’s really modern looking and would match your other kitchen equipment. This also has a clear bottom so you’re sure that you’ll always be aware when you need to refill your peppercorns to avoid any damage. The pepper mill is also battery operated so there are no annoying cords that would get in the way while you’re using it.
What to Look For?
Even with the list above it could still be hard and confusing to pinpoint just one great product. You might have your top choices already but you just can seem to settle on a single one. Maybe you’ve chosen the one already but you’re still not sure if you’re making the right choice. Knowing if you’ll be making a smart buy is even more difficult if you don’t know what qualities you should look for in a gr at electric pepper mill. Below are the features your pepper mill should have so you won’t regret your decision.
- Ease of use – The most common reason of why people switch from using traditional pepper mills to electric ones is because the electric one are easier to use. Given this, it’s only logical that the electric mill you’ll get shouldn’t give you any trouble when it comes to operation. It shouldn’t be rocket science just to get your grinder to work. It should also require as little physical effort from you as possible since electric pepper mills should be all electric. Aside from being really convenient, the ease of use of the electric mill would also allow you to be able to grind peppercorns faster and with little trouble. You’d also be rid of having strained fingers while you’re cooking or garnishing.
- Quality of peppercorns – Getting your peppercorns to just the right level of grind is what anyone would want for a pepper mill, electric or not. So the electric pepper mill you’ll get shouldn’t only be able to grind pepper but it should do so properly. There should be as few bigger pieces as possible, everything that comes out of the mill should be almost in powder form. The mill should also have no trouble with grinding the peppercorns, you shouldn’t hear any weird sounds while the mill is grinding your pepper.
- Functionality – These days, almost every equipment and tool should be multi-functional and be able to to deliver more than its usual purpose. The same goes for pepper mills. It shouldn’t just be able to grind and produce powdery pepper but it should also be able to grind even other kinds of spices that might need grinding as well. This would allow you tousle a single kitchen tool for multiple purposes so you won’t have to buy another one. Another sign of functionality is having features that would facilitate better and easier working conditions. Some mills feature an automatic grinding when angled in a certain way, if you’re wanting for something that’s easy to use then this type of mills would be great for you. Others have lights when you switch it on so you can have illumination even when you’re working in a kitchen that has limited lighting. Whatever extra feature you’ll get would greatly depend on your needs and your kitchen situation.
An electric pepper mill is a great addition to your kitchen. It would give your hands a break from the hard turning of a traditional pepper mill. It’ll also make you less vulnerable to having callouses or getting your hands strained especially if you’re grinding pepper constantly. Having a pepper mill would also increase your speed while working since you won’t have to physically grind anymore and the machine would be the one to do it for you. Machine mills also have better grinding mechanisms so they produce finer pepper powder which is perfect for adding to soups or salads.
We hope that with the tips and tricks above as well the list that you’d be able to choose the best pepper mill for you and your kitchen needs. Just keep in mind that when choosing the best mill for you, you should look at it as a whole. You shouldn’t just focus on a single aspect but instead you should try to take into account every part of the pepper mill. This would give you a better feel of whether or not you’ll be making a smart buy. Use the qualities we’ve mentioned as a guide so you’ll purchase something you won’t regret. We admit that the price of the pepper mill would be the limiting factor for a lot of people. However, this doesn’t mean that you should just automatically settle for the cheapest one on the list because the cheapest might end up becoming more expensive because you’ll be replacing it often. It’s best if you look for the product which has the best overall qualities and which also comes in an affordable price. This is would give you the best value for your money and would ensure that you’re making a smart buy. Remember, that a great deal isn’t when you got the cheapest product but it’s actually you purchasing the best one at the budget you’re comfortable with.