Have you always wanted to try to ride a skateboard but you have no idea what you should get? Then, look no more because a deep through longboard is great for beginners. It’s not elevated as high so it’s easier to control and it distributes your weight across the board giving you better balance. Now that you’re all set and ready to buy your drop through longboard, you’re faced with another dilemma: which one to get? With the numerous types and brands out there it can be very overwhelming to choose especially if this is your first purchase. Given this, we’ve listed down the best drop through longboard in the market to help you choose the best for you.
- Yocaher Professional Speed Drop Down Stained Complete Longboard
- Rimable Drop-through Longboard
- Atom Drop-Through Longboard
- SCSK8 Professional Speed Drop Down / Drop Through Complete Longboards
- Volador Freeride Longboard
- Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard Deck Complete
- Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder Drop Through Downhill/Cruiser Freeride Complete Longboard
- Yocaher Punked Lowrider Drop down through Longboard Complete skateboard
- What to Look For?
Yocaher Professional Speed Drop Down Stained Complete Longboard
If you’re looking for something that’s of professional grade, then this Yocaher drop down might just be the one for you. It’s wheels are made of durable materials and is has 78A hardness which means that it won’t break or have dents even if you were passing by rougher roads that’s full of bumps. The board is also heavy duty and carry up to 275 lbs so you won’t have to worry about it not being able to carry you. This longboard comes in 22 different colors so you can choose depending on your preference.
This longboard is great for both professionals and those that are new with longboarding. It’s of great quality and would last you a long. It’s also already assembled when you get it so you’re good to go. This also received great reviews from previous customers. They loved the speed and stability they get from this longboard. There are also those who have had this for a long time and this just shows it’s lasting power.
Rimable Drop-through Longboard
This Rimable drop-through longboard is shaped like a freerider so it’s great if that’s what you’re looking for. It also has hard wheels with 85A hardness so you can ride on those bumpy and uneven surfaces. It also has lubricants so you can go as fast as you want but still with control since you’re on a drop through longboard. This received exceptional reviews from previous customers. They were impressed at the stability and speed that this longboard gives them. They also loved that this lonngboard holds even on longer rides making it appropriate for someone who wants to use their longboard for commutes. They were alasoa impressed that this was able to hold various weights with no compromise to it’s stability.
Atom Drop-Through Longboard
This longboard from Atom is made of quality materials making it a quality longboard overall. The board is made of laminated maple so you won’t have to worry about it breaking or bending even if you drop it or fall while riding it. This also great for beginners since it’s easy to control and also easy to turn with. This also received wonderful reviews from previous customers. They loved the overall make of the longbaord and were impressed that it’s made of actual wood and that the wheels are of great quality. However, do take note that it’s not advisable for fast riding so if you’re after speed then this might not be the one for you.
SCSK8 Professional Speed Drop Down / Drop Through Complete Longboards
If you want to have the choice between having a longboard that’s straightforward and simple looking or something that’s more eye catchy; then this SCSK8 drop through longboard might just be what you’re looking for. This has eight different designs that range from minimalist wood color to electric pink. This longboard is also assembled and complete when you receive it so you just have to set it on the floor then you’re good to go. This also received mostly positive reviews from previous customers. They loved at how durable the board is and how solid it is. They also found it be an affordable choice for beginners who don’t want to invest too much on their first longboard. However, you should take note that a lot of the reviewers recommended that you change the wheels because they’re only great for flat surfaces and normally gets stuck on bumpy ones.
Volador Freeride Longboard
If you’re looking for a longboard that has a more of an artsy design; then this one from Volador might just be the perfect one for you. They offer six great designs for you board which would surely make head turns while you’re riding it on the street. The board is made of maple laminate with the design transferred via heat which means that it won’t scratch off while you ride. This rider is also advisable for both long and short rides so you may use it for commuting. This longboard received mostly positive reviews from previous customers. They were impressed at the stability that this longboard offers. They also found it to be durable so it’ll last you a long time.They also loved the various designs available.
Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard Deck Complete
This Santa Cruz long board is great for those who like vibrant colors. This longboard can actually be seen from a far because it’s so colorful, unlike the usual dark colored longboards. Since it’s of a brighter color, this also makes the board more visible when you’re riding at night or in darker areas. The board is made of maple wood so it’s made of quality wood. This received stellar reviews from previous customers. They loved that the board’s design was well-thought of. They also say that its great for both beginners and for those who have an intermediate level.
Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder Drop Through Downhill/Cruiser Freeride Complete Longboard
If you’re younger and are a first timer; then this might just be your drop through longboard. This longboard from Sector 9 is of a great weight so it’s easy to carry around with you while you carry it to various locations. This can also be upgraded when you want to go to the next level or if you wanna try more advanced maneuvers in a more complicated area. Aside from these features, this also received great reviews from previous customers. They doing that these longboards are great to have all around and are also a great board to learn with for beginners. Despite all these great reviews, the board still receive criticisms; most complaints were about the board getting dents or chipping off when you hit a thicker space.
Yocaher Punked Lowrider Drop down through Longboard Complete skateboard
If you want more varied colors and designs; then this Yocaher drop down longboard is the one for you. It has 28 different that range from quirky to almost goth-like. This received great reviews from previous customers. They loved that the board gives them stabiloty when they ride it. It’s not wobbly at all and your weight is distributed to the denter. This longboard also received great reviews from previous customers showing thta it really delivers on it’s promises. Longboarers loved that it’s stable and easy to use. Howevr, it’s not as fast as something that’s really built for missing people. Aside from the board, watchers also saw how great the quality of the wheels are which are soft and yet is able to grip any surface regardless if it’s a normal road or a highway.
What to Look For?
Even with the list above it’s still difficult to choose which longboard is the best one for you. You might have your top choices already but you can’t seem to choose a single. Maybe you have your eyes set on one already but you’re still unsure if you’ll be making the right choice. Choosing the best one for can be even more difficult if you don’t know what to look for in a drop through longboard. Not having this knowledge will also mean that you wouldn’t be sure if you’re making a smart and informed choice which will almost ensure that you won’t regret your choice. Below are the qualities that a great drop through longboard should have.
- Durability – With everything that we buy we must make sure that it’s durable and won’t just break after a couple of uses. This quality becomes even more crucial with something like a longboard where your safety or that of your loved one depends on it’s durability. Given this, the longboard that you’ll purchase should be durable and wouldn’t break in half just because it hit a pavement or got dropped. Getting a durable longboard is also cost effective since you won’t need to constantly replace your longboard or its parts.
- Materials – Getting a longboard with quality materials is also the base of having durable products so it’s best if you get a longboard which has quality materials. The materials would also dictate the performance of your longboard: how fast and how sleek your turns are. The materials should facilitate speed especially your wheels. It should have enough friction so you won’t just be sliding aimlessly but it shouldn’t be screwed too tight that it would give you a hard time cruising on the street. The board should also be made of quality materials since it would be carrying your weight and might also experience some hits and drops. If the board is of great quality it shouldn’t be affected by just a few falls and stumbles.
- Portability – Drop through longboards and actually any type of board should be light and portable. It should be easy to bring from one area to another so you won’t feel like you’re lugging around something that’s very heavy. It should also be compact enough that it won’t take up much space in the car but this shouldn’t be a hindrance to it’s performance.
- Design – Although the color and the whole design would largely rely on your personal preferences, it’s still better if you get a board which has bright or reflective colors or elements. This should especially be considered by those who are planning to skate at night since this would give you better visibility for cars and also for pedestrians.
A drop through longboard is great to have. It’s great for beginners since the lowered board actually distributes your weight and gives you better balance. It also gives you better control so you won’t fall and stumble as much as with other boards. It’s also a great thing to have especially if you’ve been looking for something to motivate you or your loved one to get out and actually be more active. This would also give adrenaline junkies great enjoyment. It’s also a great way to get excitement even when you’re in the middle of the city. Just remember that you should always wear protective gears when skating so you won’t get any serious injuries.
We hope that with the tips and tricks above as well as the list above that you’d be able to choose the longboard that fits your needs. Just keep in mind that when making a smart choice it shouldn’t be about one specific feature of the product only but you should also look at it’s entirety. This is is especially true with items like the drop through longboard wherein all the aspects and features would affect your speed, safety, and overall experience. Although the price would always be a hurdle for a lot of people and would be the limiting factor regarding what you can and cannot buy, you should always see to it that you’ll be getting the longboard that’s of the best value. Getting the cheapest one might actually cost you more since it might break and even cause you to get into an accident. However, getting the most expensive one on the list won’t also guarantee that you’ll get the one that has the best quality. Given these instances, you should really look for the one that’s safest, most functional and one that won’t break the bank as well.