People who are unclear vision used to not have a choice on whether or not they would wear glasses or not but now contact lenses have become a very popular alternative. These are usually preferred by people who aren’t fond of having glasses and aren’t comfortable in wearing them. It’s also a way for those who always lose their glasses or those who breaks them often to avoid this from happening. Unlike glasses contact lenses need special care. They need to be soaked in a solution when storing them to avoid drying. Finding the best solution is of great importance since getting one that’s defective might damage not just your contacts but your eyes too. Since we’re aware how important getting the best one for you is, we’ve listed down the best contact lens solutions in the market.
- Alcon Clear Care with Lens Case
- Clear Care 3% Hydrogen Peroxide Triple Action Cleaning
- Boston Simplus Multi-action Solution
- Opti-Free Puremoist Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution
- Sensitive Eyes Plus Saline Solution
- PuriLens Plus Preservative
- Lobob Optimum Cleaning Disinfecting and Storage Solution
- What to Look For?
Alcon Clear Care with Lens Case
Do you want to have a contact lens solution that doesn’t have any preservatives? If so, then this Alcon Clear Care solution is the one for you. This solution give you not just clean but also comfort so you won’t ever get any tears from putting on a harsh solution since it doesn’t have any preservatives. This is a Hydrogen peroxide solution so better check if your lens is compatible to this before you purchase. This solution bubbles when poured and removes any protein or dirt on your lens making you feel like your lens is as good as new.
Aside from the contact lens giving great comfort and how well it disinfects your lens, this also comes with a contact lens case so you’ll really have great value for your money. This also received great reviews from previous customers who loved the clarity that it gives their lenses. They were also impressed that it makes them feel like their lens feels like new every time they use it.
Clear Care 3% Hydrogen Peroxide Triple Action Cleaning
This Clear Care contact lens solution is perfect for those who are looking for something that has Hydrogen Peroxide. Due to the nature of the solution, it’s best if you consult your doctor first before purchasing and make sure that you follow their instructions on how to use it. This also includes a lens holder so you won’t have to purchase anything separately. This received fantastic reviews from previous customers. They loved the quality of the solution and the comfort it gives them. They also liked that it comes with two solutions already so they didn’t find the need to purchase them often.
Boston Simplus Multi-action Solution
Are you looking for a contact lens solution that won’t require to soak your lens overnight? Do you want something that’s quick and convenient to use? If so, then this Boston Simplus solution is the one for you. This solution is perfect for those who are on the go since it only requires you to rub your contact lens before you use it. It’s also one bottle a day so no need to think about how much of the solution you should use every time. Do take note that this solution is for gas permeable or hard lenses; so if you have a soft lens then this isn’t for you.
Aside from these great features, this received great reviews from previous customers. They were all impressed at how well the solution works. They also loved the convenience that it gives them. However, some did complain that it’s quite pricey and might be too expensive considering the amount that you’ll get.
Opti-Free Puremoist Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution
Are your lenses silicon hydrogel or soft lenses? Yes? Then, this Opti-Free solution is the one for you. This has great disinfecting qualities which would sweep away any protein and harmful microorganisms that might’ve accumulated on your lenses. It also provides a cushion for your eye so it won’t directly be in contact to your lens the whole time. This cushion lasts the whole day so no need to worry about having dry eyes or reapplying the solution while you’re out.
This solution is perfect for those who have been prescribed with soft lenses. This has a dual disinfecting HydraGlyde Moisture Matrix making you less vulnerable to eye infection. If you have dry eyes then this would also be great for you. Aside from these, it also received great reviews from previous customers who all loved that it’s able to keep them comfortable throughout the day. They were also impressed that it could maintain moisture all day and even until night time. It’s value for money is another thing that most customers loved. This is because the solution lasts for month to two months.
Sensitive Eyes Plus Saline Solution
If you already have a solution that disinfects your lenses and just looking for something to rinse your lens with; then this Sensitive Eyes saline solution is the one for you. You can use this to rinse your lens at night or even right before using it since there’s less chance of your eye being irritated or sore. This also only suitable for soft lenses so for those who have hard lenses you should consider an alternative.
This solution received great reviews from previous customers. They loved that it’s able to give them the moisture they need throughout the day. They were also impressed at the comfort they get after using the solution. The best thing about this solution is that it does all these at an affordable price and even comes with two boxes in each purchase.
PuriLens Plus Preservative
Are you tired of going back and fort and ordering your solution every couple of uses? Then you’ll be happy to know that this Purilens solution comes with 24 bottles in just one purchase. Now you won’t have to purchase a new one till a long time making it more convenient for you and also more cost effective. This also preservative free so you’re sure that your eyes won’t be exposed to any harsh chemicals. The pH is also balanced to be similar to the pH level in our eyes for better maintenance of your contact lenses.
This solution is a perfect choice for those who have sensitive eyes and those who wants a solution with as few chemicals as possible. Despite it not having preservatives, it still cleans and disinfects your lenses well. This also got great reviews from previous customers who loved that it’s able to clean their lenses well without giving them any irritation or discomfort.
Lobob Optimum Cleaning Disinfecting and Storage Solution
This Lobob contact lens solution is an all-in-one solution that’s perfect for those with hard lenses. It’s able to rinse, clean, and disinfect your lens as well as give it moisture for storage. It prevents any microorganisms and contaminants from accumulating on your lens so you’re less vulnerable to eye infection. This also got amazing reviews from previous customers who all loved the clean and comfortable feeling they get from using this solution.
What to Look For?
Even with the list of all these great choices it can still be quite confusing as to which one you should get. Of course there’s the issue of them being quite similar to each other. Because of this you might have your top picks already but can’t really separate one from the other yet. Maybe you even have your eye on a single product already but you can’t get yourself to settle down on this one only. So wherever you are in your decision making process, it’s best if you check out the qualities that a great contact lens solution should have. Being informed with this would help you make a smart purchase so you’ll be less vulnerable to any buyer’s regret.
- Type of solution – There are two type of contact lens solutions: multipurpose and hydrogen peroxide. When choosing which one to get you should definitely consult your ophthalmologist first and you should be aware of which one is compatible to your contact lens. However, knowing the difference between the two could also help you during consultation. Multipurpose contact lens cleaners both moistens and disinfects your contact lenses. This solution is easy to use and usually requires one step only. On the other hand, hydrogen peroxide solutions usually take two steps to use. These also disinfect your lenses to avoid any fungal infections on your eyes. There are one step hydrogen peroxide solutions but these are said to be less effective when it comes to disinfecting your lenses.
- Ease of use – The type of nozzle that the solution bottle has would greatly dictate how easy it is to use for you. If it has a nozzle then there would be no spills and you also won’t have to worry about the amount of solution you’ll be transferring. However, if there’s no nozzle and it’s open wide like a bottle it’ll be a harder feat to transfer the liquid from the bottle to your contact lens container. Given this, it’s best if you get a solution which has a nozzle top of if not it should have an easy way for you to transfer your solution. This way there would be no spills and you won’t waste any of your solution.
- Effectivity – This might seem to be an obvious criteria but it’s a great to still be on the look for this feature. The solution that you’ll get should be able to clean your lenses and disinfect them. This way you won’t have to worry about any fungus or bacteria that might be growing on your lenses. This would protect your eyes from any form of infection. Apart from disinfecting the lens, the solution should also maintain the moisture of the lenses so it won’t dry up and won’t lower their quality and longevity.
Getting the best contact lens solution is the best not just for your contacts but also for your eye care. This would allow you to see more clearly and to be able to use your lenses with no fear of having any infection. Getting a great solution would also be a way for you to keep your contact lens moist and give it the best quality for storage. Keeping your contact lens soaked or coated with solution keeps it at it’s best condition and would allow you to use your contact lens for a longer period of time.
We hope that with the tips and trick we’ve given you that you’d be able to choose the contact lens solution that best for you and the needs of your contact lens. Keep in mind that not all solutions are compatible to all contact lenses so be wary of this. Aside from the compatibility of the contact lens to the solution you’ll purchase you shouldn’t let any single quality to dictate what you will buy. You should look at the entirety of the product and scrutinize which one really is the best choice overall. Although for a lot of buyers the price might be an issue you still shouldn’t go for the cheapest one right away thinking that it’ll give you the best deal. Sometimes the cheapest might actually cost us more if it doesn’t work as well as we think it would. Overall, to make a smart purchase the solution you’ll get should tick of most if not all the qualities that a contact lens solution should have so you won’t have any regrets.