Having a baby is one of the most blissful things that one can experience. Having your own mini me running around and growing right in front of you is an experience that only few things could top. However, it does come at a price. It requires you to not prepare not just emotionally and physically but you also need to prepare necessary equipment for your baby. One of the most important pieces of furniture you’ll need is a changing table. Before you set put to buy the changing table for you baby, it’s best to checkout this list of the best changing tables in the market.
- Delta Children Eclipse Changing Table
- South Shore Savannah Collection Changing Table
- Badger Basket Sleigh Style Changing Table
- Badger Basket Modern Changing Table
- Dream On Me Emily Changing Table
- Dream On Me Jessica Changing Table
- Athena Leila 2 Drawer Changer
- DaVinci Jenny Lind Changing Table
- What to Look For?
Delta Children Eclipse Changing Table
Looking for a great quality changing table that’s made of solid wood? If so, then this Delta changing table might just be the right one for you. This changing table is made of solid wood so it’s very durable and won’t break down easily. This is also a good investment since there’s lesser chance that the wood would deteriorate so you can use it for your future children that you might still have. This changing table also has a lot of storage. There are two fixed shelves as well as two free baskets so there’s plenty of room for all the diaper changing paraphernalia you might need.
This changing bed from Delta also has a changing pad that’s water resistant which is great for those emergency situations when your baby suddenly decides they’re not done peeing yet. The pad also has ties so it’s secureply in place on the bed. Aside from all these great features, it also received great reviews from previous customers. This shows that it’s not just all talk but actually delivers on it’s promises.
South Shore Savannah Collection Changing Table
If you’re looking for a changing table that has various storage options; then this one from South Shore might just be what you’re looking for. Unlike other changing tables, this features a closed drawer as well as open storage so you can conceal items you don’t want exposed but also have the ones you normally use readily available. The table also has a huge weight capacity so you don’t need to fear for your baby’s safety while they’re on the table. It also has rounded corners and rails to ensure that your child is safe at all times
Aside from all these great features, the changing table also comes in an elegant white color so it would fit right perfectly inside your nursery and can very well be the center piece to the room. This also received mostly positive reviews from fellow parents. They loved that it’s sturdy and functional. However there were a couple of complaints about it being hard to assemble.
Badger Basket Sleigh Style Changing Table
Do you want a changing table that’s not only functional but also very easy to clean? If so, then this Badger Basket changing table is the one for you. This table is easy to wipe clean so you won’t have to worry about it carrying any harmful organisms that might get to your baby.The storage bins are also easy to clean. If safety is your concern, you’d be glad to know that with the rails that surround the changing table, you won’t need to worry about your baby falling off. The pads are also securely tied on the table for safety as well.
This changing table is also perfect for those who wants a more minimalist and modern look for their child’s nursery room. It’s also great for rooms with a more neutral palette. If you decided to make your child’s gender a surprise for you this would also be great since the color is neutral. Aside from all these great features, this changing table also received great reviews from previous customers. They loved the look of the table but there were some who were disappointed with the baskets since they fall off easily.
Badger Basket Modern Changing Table
Do you have a tight space and would want to maximize it as much as you can? This changing table from Badger Basket may just solve your storage problems. It has three removable drawers that would be great spaces to keep your diaper changing essentials. It also includes a hamper so it saves a lot of floor space in your child’s nursery. This changing table is made of wood but with a modern style so it’s perfect for both modern and traditional nursery rooms.
Aside from storage, this changing table also upholds child safety. It has side barriers to keep ypur baby safe from falling off. It also has a changing pad safety belt so the pad is kept in place. This Badger Basket changing table also received great reviews from previous customers. They loved that it’s easy to assemble. They were also impressed at the level of comfort that the pads give to their babies.
Dream On Me Emily Changing Table
If you’re looking for a changing table that wouldn’t break the bank but it’s still both functional and looks good; then this Dream On Me Emily changing pad is the one for you. It’s the cheapest one on the list and yet it performs as well, or even better, that the more expensive ones on this list. It has safety rails along the sides of the changing table so no matter how unruly your baby would get he/she won’t fall off. This also has two extra shelves for storage. A slight drawback is that it doesn’t have bins or drawers so if you want those you need to purchase them separately. This also received great reviews from previous customers. This shows that it’s not just all talk but it actually delivers.
Dream On Me Jessica Changing Table
This Dream On Me Jessica changing table is great for any nursery. It’s design would fit any nursery design you might have. It also has safety features like rails and changing pad safety straps to keep your child in place and make him/her less vulnerable to accidents. Aside from these great features it also received great reviews from fellow parent. They liked that it was easy to assemble and that it’s light so it’s easy to transfer if you need it in another area. However there were some complaints about it’s durability.
Athena Leila 2 Drawer Changer
If you want a more sophisticated looking changing table; then this one from Athena Leila is the one for your nursery. It has enough storage for all your baby essentials. It has two drawers for items you want to keep from view and two shelves for those you want to be readily available. Despite these great features, this changing table received mixed reviews from other parents. Most of them loved that it’s made of solid wood and has a lot of storage space. However there were complaints about it have a strong chemical scent which a lot fear to be bad for children.
DaVinci Jenny Lind Changing Table
Going fro a more vintage, Victorian look for your child’s room? If so, then this changing table from DaVinci is the one for you. This table is white and it’s are designed to look like the rails of those vintage beds you see online or in movies. It also has enough room for storage so there’s no need to worry about this aspect. This changing table also received great reviews from parents who have purchased it. They loved the look of the changing table as well as it’s overall quality.
What to Look For?
Even with the list above, it could still be a bit confusing and frustrating to choose and decide which one would be the best for your child. This get even harder for new parents since they’re mostly anxious and always goes back and forth because they want the best for their child. Choosing is even more difficult if you don’t know the qualities that you should watch out for in a great changing table. Knowing this would also help you make a smart buy for you and your baby. Making a smart purchase means that you’re considering all the aspects of the product, so read on and find out what qualities you should watch out for.
- Stability – Above everything else, our child’s safety while they are on the changing table should be your top most priority. Given this, it’s best if the changing table you’ll purchase is one that’s stable and won’t collapse unexpectedly. The legs as well as the surface of the itself should be stable enough to carry your child’s weight. Aside from this, the base of the legs should also be stable and should have safe guards to avoid slipping. It’s also advisable to get a changing table that have protective barriers on the side so your baby won’t fall off once they start learning how to turn and crawl.
- Comfort – Aside from it being safe, the table should also be comfortable for you child. It shouldn’t be too small for them that they would feel cramped at any point in their growth. Given this, it’s best that you choose a changing table which is already wide and long in preparation for when your child grows bigger. It’s also a huge plus if the table already includes a foam or a comforter since this would be one less thing to worry about.
- Height – For your comfort, it would be a great thing if the changing table is at a height that won’t require you to bend too much. Raising a child is already a huge feat so you should always ensure that you’re comfortable. If you’re bending too much your back would be strained and might cause additional back pains which no one wants. So before purchasing the table, look closely at the specifications or if you can try it out personally to see if it’s te right fit for you.
- Storage – Another great thing about changing tables is that it’s multi-functional. It’s not just a table that has a surface but it usually also has a lot of storage space. Having this allows you to have much needed additional compartments to keep all you baby’s needs. Having storage in your table also allows you to have all your changing paraphernalia on hand so you won’t have to go back and forth just because you forgot to get something. Given these benefits, you should strive to get a changing table which has as much available space as possible.
Changing tables have slowly squeezed it’s way into becoming an essential furniture for your nursery. Some people might find it unnecessary since you could change your child on the crib but having this furniture has a lot of benefits. For one, changing tables are usually higher than most cribs this makes it easier for you to change your child since you won’t have to bend down as much. The barriers are also not as high so maneuvering around won’t be too complicated. The extra storage space it provides is another much needed feature that this has. It’s also a very logical move considering that you would probably be getting new drawers for your nursery why not get one that’s double purpose.
Hopefully, with the tips and tricks we’ve given as well as the tips above that you’d be able to choose the changing table that’s best for you and your baby. If you’re still frazzled about choosing, just remember to look at the totality of the product. Don’t just focus on a single aspect since if you do, the qualities you neglected might become the source of your problems. If you look at the entire picture there’s also less chances for you to regret your decision because you’re informed of what to expect with your purchase. Although no single attribute should ever dictate your purchase, the price of the changing table is something that a lot of parents highly consider. It may be true that having a specific budget would limit what you can and cannot buy but it doesn’t mean that you have to dive head straight into getting the cheapest one, you should still look if it’s really the best value for your money. Keep in mind that getting a great deal doesn’t always mean that you got the cheapest product but it means that you got a great one at an affordable price.